- Are you wondering how to find specific services to help you or a loved one remain at home?
- Do you or a loved one have a need for daily or weekly assistance that is not being met?
- Do you or a loved one have physical limitations that keep you from doing all the things you want or need to do?
- Is staying independent and at home a priority for you or a loved one?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, know that you are not alone. Many older adults share your concerns. Elder Care Services can help!
- personal care and house cleaning,
- adult day services,
- transportation and shopping,
- financial management,
- home delivery of meals,
- health care,
- housing options,
- legal assistance,
- energy assistance,
- mental health care,
- pharmaceutical help,
- benefit access programs,
- care giver services and respite,
- friendly visitors,
- advance directives,
- mobility devices,
- medical equipment,
- assisted living facilities,
- nursing home facilities,
- and much more.
Community Care Programs
In-Home Service (Home Care Aides)
This service provides individuals to come into your home to assist with non-medical services. These include dusting, vacuuming, cleaning kitchens and bathrooms, doing laundry, and preparing meals. They can also assist with personal care such as bathing and grooming. If you need mobility assistance, they can even help with transportation, errands, and grocery shopping services. Don't let your quality of life decline because of limitations due to inability to get around. We can help.
Emergency Home Response Service
Reduce the fear of injury with this 24-hour emergency communication link. In the event of an emergency, the individual or caregiver can press the button on the emergency device to summon help from the support center. The support center assesses the situation and directs appropriate response, whether that means contacting emergency services or a family member. The Emergency Home Response System increases independence and reduces the need for nursing home care.
Adult Day Services
This program provides seniors with the opportunity to interact with others in a supervised setting outside of their home. Adult Day Centers provide a wide range of social activities to participate in including arts and crafts, card games, and current events classes. Lunch is also provided at noon each day. These centers can provide respite to family members who are responsible for care giving, allowing them to work outside the home during the day. Select Adult Day Centers offer specialized services for individuals who suffer from Alzheimer’s or related diseases.
You are eligible for the Community Care Program if:
- you are aged 60 or older,
- it is determined that you are physically in need of services,
- you meet the asset requirements (which are explained when a care coordinator comes to your home),
- you are a resident of Illinois,
- you are a US citizen or legal alien,
- and you apply for medical benefits.
If eligible for the Community Care Program, all available services are free of charge. Your Care Coordinator will set up the program for you and monitor your service to ensure quality, so your needs are met over time.
Making decisions about needed care can be overwhelming for you and your loved ones. Let Elder Care Services provide a helping hand!